Congratulations, you are expecting a baby
We now have two lives (or more) to consider, and each is very important to us. This is a new stage in your life during which there will be many additional factors to evaluate and consider. Prenatal care will need to be at the top of your priority list during this time. We are excited to have the opportunity to be involved in this precious time of your life.
MOGA has a team of board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners that specialize in normal and high-risk pregnancies supported by in-office prenatal screens, genetic testing, and advanced ultrasound.
Here is a summary of general services you can expect as part of your pregnancy care:
We will confirm pregnancy by a urine pregnancy test, and brief prenatal counseling.
Initial OB Visit
- Complete history and physical
- Urinalysis and Urine culture
- Lab work
- Pap smear, GC/Chlamydia cultures
- Ultrasound for EDD (estimated due date)
Prenatal Visits - When & What to Expect
- 1 visit every 4 weeks until 32 weeks
- 1 visit every 2 weeks until 36 weeks
- 1 visit every week until delivery
- Weight, blood pressure, urinalysis, fetal heart tones at every visit
- Prenatal genetic testing (if desired)
- 15 weeks - Early Gender Reveal Ultrasound (elective, not covered by insurance)
- 20 weeks - Anatomy Ultrasound
- 27 weeks - 4D HD Live Ultrasounds (elective, not covered by insurance)
- 28 weeks – Gestational diabetes screen and lab work
- 27-36 weeks – Tdap vaccine
- 36 weeks – GBS culture and HIV lab work
An ultrasound is usually performed around twenty weeks into your pregnancy. We use the ultrasound to confirm that the baby is growing properly in the uterus. This ultrasound provides us with a fetal survey.
- Age, size and growth rate
- Position, movement, and heart rate
- Amniotic fluid volume
- Location of placenta
- Gender of baby (if desired)
- Detection of some birth defects
During your pregnancy there are typically only two ultrasounds that are covered by insurance and are conducted as a part of routine pregnancy care.
Prenatal genetic testing and screening
We offer non-invasive prenatal screens for common genetic conditions that are caused by extra or missing chromosomes.
Sequential Integrated Screen *test performed in two steps*
- First draw: 11 weeks - 13 weeks 6 days
- Second draw: 15 weeks - 21 weeks 6 days
- 12 weeks
- 15 weeks - 21 weeks 6 days